Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Four Generations

Today I have a layout over on the Come on Get Crafty Blog for their weekly Product Showcase. Today I am showcasing Crate Papers close Knit collection. I used some very special photos for it including a heritage photo of my Nanny & Mama.

For my wedding last year my Aunt gave me a thumb drive with all these pictures of my Mother that I have never seen before. Including the one on the layout. It's of my Grandma (Nanny) & my Mother on her confirmation day. The other photo is of my wedding with my Sister & Daughters. So combine the 2 & you have Four Generations of women. I love this layout so much! I even used some of Mama's buttons from her button collection. I inherited it when she passed. It is one of my most prized possessions. Throughout my childhood I played and stared at these buttons all the time. There was just something about them.

See the buttons? I heart this!

My Mothers father made her that dress for her confirmation & I remember her telling me how much she loved it.

My Mom & Nanny played BINGO all the time so that BINGO die cut is perfect in the cluster by their photo. And see that alteration ticket by the photo of my Sister, Daughters and myself? Well that reminded me of all the dress decidsions and times spent in the 2 bridal salons I used.

I don't normally handwrite on my layouts, but I thought this layout deserved it. Will definitely treasure this layout!

So glad to share this today :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment